Saturday, June 21, 2008

I just realized my blog has the same layout as John Green's. *fangirls*

So this week has been an interesting one, with a lot of highs and lows. Firstly, there was the death of my dog, which, surprisingly, I got over quickly. But I had been preparing for that event for the past year or so, really. During school I worried very much that during one of my daily phone conversations with my mom in the mornings between class that she would have news for me, telling me that he had died. And even when I was back at home, I worried that I would wake up in the morning to find him dead.

So I had almost mourned him prematurely. I cried when it happened, but after that, it was over. I know he isn't hurting anymore, and I know that we have nothing to worry about now.

Aside from that, I got a job. At Dollar General. Not a very glamorous or fun job, but for a part time job--well, let's just say, it isn't fast food. Yesterday I was shopping with my parents and even got my uniform--a black polo and khaki pants. Yay.

We found out this morning that a boy from our church passed away in his sleep. He was only twelve years old, and passed completely unexpectedly. He was a friend of my sister's, they had grown up together, and had been on little league sports teams and such together. She took it pretty badly. I'm reminded by this that we have so little time on this earth in relation to all of time as it is. Our time here is but a blink of an eye.

Today I'm going to go to the lake house of some old friends of my dad's, and I won't know many people there. I'm thinking about sneaking in Twilight, which I'm rereading. Luckily my sister is back from camp, so maybe she'll keep me company.

Today's song:

The Last of the Great Whales - Ed Blann

This song is beautiful, simple, and folky. I discovered Ed Blann on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/eddplant. He is a singer/songwriter from Edinburgh, Scotland.

No comments: